Yule & Ways to Celebrate
Yule a.k.a winter solstice is the celebration of the shortest day and longest night of the year. Ironically, it's all about the abundance of light. Even though the darkness has taken over, from this day forward the days will become lighter, the Sun King is returning and will begin to thrive. Yule is a time for renewal and brighter days are near. The shortest day and longest night is Tuesday 21st December this year!
How to Celebrate
- Decorate a Yule (pine) tree
- Write your goals for the next year
- Spend time near a fire
- Read your tarot
- Buy gifts for yourself or loved ones
- Decorate in red, white, black and/or green - pictures of the sun to welcome the Sun King is a bonus!
- Use mistletoe, ivy, holly, pine cones to decorate - make a wreath!
- Eat spicy food, cinnamon flavoured sweet treats, nuts and seasoned soups