Mid Year Freak Out Book Tag
Well I am probably well behind with this blog post - oops! I was tagged by the lovely Anne from Rooting Branches.
1. Best book you’ve read so far in 2020
The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern! I absolutely adored it and have been wanting to read it again since the minute I finished it.
2. Best sequel you've read so far in 2020.
It has to be Nothing to Fear by Karen Rose. I love the Dana Dupinsky series and this book was especially good!
3. New release you haven't read yet, but want to.
I honestly don't keep track of new releases etc. so I honestly couldn't say! Pre-lockdown I bought all of my books in charity shops so I don't know!
4. Most anticipated release for the second half of the year.
5. Biggest disappointment.
The Witch Finders Sister. Boring AF.
6. Biggest surprise.
He Said/She Said. I found it pretty boring in places but the twist at the end made it so worth it. It really saved it for me, and I'm glad I didn't DNF it!
7. Favourite new author. (Debut or new to you)
Beth O'Leary! I absolutely adored The Flatshare.
8. Newest ship.*
Dana and Clay in Nothing to Fear by Karen Rose. They had me feeling all kinds of feels.
9. Newest favourite character.
Tiffy from The Flatshare! I wanted her to be my best friend.
10. Book that made you cry.
Then She Was Gone, Lisa Jewell! It took me a while to get into it but the last chapters had me sobbing like a baby.
11. Book that made you happy.
The Flatshare! It's not really my typical kind of book but I absolutely loved it. Another book I wanted to reread as soon as I'd finished it!
12. Most beautiful book you've bought so far this year (or received)
The Night Circus, easily. If you haven't read it, get to it ASAP!
13. What books do you need to read by the end of the year?
I currently only have one book left to read to hit this year's reading goal! I'm saving Queenie by Candice Carty-Williams for my 20th read. I have plenty of other books to read, but I might try to read the Game of Thrones series this year, starting from book two!
Until next time,